Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Day 7: First Feedback





Hey Blog!
    Today we had a group session during class where we got together in student groups to give each other feedback about our blog posts and our project ideas. In my group there were five other students who were doing either the film opening and the two page spread. My group members made some helpful suggestions about my blog formatting. They said that I should change my template to a type that does not utilize the "read more" feature. They suggested that using this type of template will make my blog less appealing and harder to follow. They also provided me with some helpful tips on how to use the blogging website. I was introduced to a few more features that would make my blog nicer, such as changing the dates of my blog posts and changing the title font of my posts. All of these tips were very useful to me; i think my blog's quality will significantly increase after this group feedback session.
    When I introduced my film opening topic to my 'focus group' the reactions were very underwhelming. My group didn't seem very compelled by the concept of our opening. As you know, our film opening idea involves a boy and a dog who will grow up together and have a horrible twist in the middle of the opening, leaving the audience on a cliff hanger. My group suggested that the idea may be lacking in depth or ability to incite interest. One member of my group brought up the idea of us creating more conflict within the boy and the dog's relationship. One possible way of doing this may be by creating some sort of disability that requires the boy to have a dog, that way there is a better likelihood of the audience forming a connection to the characters and inevitably making the story more successful and having a greater impact on the audience. Without a doubt, it is essential that our story tugs on the heart strings of audiences. We want to make a heartfelt family movie that has a serious impact on our viewers. We will continue to develop our characters and story lines and hopefully build up on the basic foundation that we have. Our next challenge will be finding a way to make our story more interesting!!

Until next time,
                    Kyleigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 19: Final Postings

Hey Blog!               I am happy to say that I have finally ENTIRELY completed the film opening. It's been one wild ride! ...