Friday, March 16, 2018

Day 8: Digging Deeper



Hey Blog!

    If you can recall, last blog I talked about how some students in my class had given me feedback on my film opening. Their suggestion of giving more depth to the plot by introducing a deeper conflict got me thinking. They brought up the possibility of adding a disability to the protagonist character's conflict, and that got me thinking. I started digging a little deeper into this idea and did a little bit of research.
    I found a bunch of great websites that gave me info on different types of disabilities and which ones could require a service dog. This website in particular lists numerous disabilities that require service dogs. It even gave some information about the necessary accommodations people with service dogs need. https://www.officialservicedogregistry.com/register-your-dog/other-important-information/list-of-disabilities/ This type of information is good for us to have because it can aid us in having a better understanding of our plot, which will in turn give audiences a better understanding. Plus, knowing about accommodations service dogs and people with disabilities need gives us ideas of elements we can add to the mise en scene elements of our film opening, creating more believability and authenticity.
        <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aqidwbGKEWE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
        ^^This was an excellent example of a service dog in action!! Definitely a perfect example of what a service dogs responsibilities are and source we should reference when creating our film opening or even the script. My main concern with implementing the idea of a service dog into our film opening is the size of our 'actors'. The dogs we're planning to use are fairly small in size and have never had any type of service dog training. It could potentially pose a bit of a problem for us when it comes to believability due to the size of the dogs and lack of training. A possible solution to that issue may be instead of using the term 'service dog', which typically entails animals of a bigger size and extensive training, we use the term 'emotional support animal'. That way there is more of a broad range of responsibilities and smaller list of commonalities or requirements to follow when creating the film opening. I am very much looking forward to the challenges this idea holds. I hope that we'll be able to pull of this idea because I am starting to fall in love with it!! I'll keep you posted.

Until Next Time,
                   Kyleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 19: Final Postings

Hey Blog!               I am happy to say that I have finally ENTIRELY completed the film opening. It's been one wild ride! ...