Sunday, April 8, 2018

Day 18: Filming





Hey blog!!

    Today was the day! We finally filmed the major parts of our film opening. The issue with the casting was eventually solved: we ended up having my friend Robbie Play the dad character, I played the mom, and the young Michael part was played by my friend Connor who agreed to help us out. Over all, filming went really well. At first we were kind of worried because Robbie was an hour late and not answering his phone. We almost had to make an emergency casting change, where my partner grant would have played teen Michael and Diego play the dad. Eventually, Robbie answered his phone and came to the shooting and we were able to finish the whole thing.
   In some instances we had some trouble trying to figure out how to film some things. One instance was in the final shot where the parents are capturing a picture of Michael and his dog. The screen was too dark to execute the original vision we had and Grant, my partner, came up with the idea for us to do one continuous shot where the actors swap places. That ended up working really well and we chose to keep that shot.
    I was pleased with how smoothly everything went and I think a lot of that had to do with the planning that I had done in the whole process. Even though we had some trouble getting of the ground with our project, I believe that we're now in a great position progress wise. Now that we have everything filmed, we can tweak it for a week and make it perfect in editing. I couldn't be more pleased with the way today went! Below I'll attach some pictures from today's filming.

Here is an example of when the screen was too dark for us to work with the envisioned shot

Me filming Connor in a scene
Until next time,
                      Kyleigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 19: Final Postings

Hey Blog!               I am happy to say that I have finally ENTIRELY completed the film opening. It's been one wild ride! ...