Monday, February 26, 2018

Day 1: The Decision






                   Hey Blog! 
               So today is day one and I'm a bit excited and nervous all wrapped into one. I am eager to get started on this process of creating a film opening. So far, my partner Grant and I haven't given much thought towards our topic or genre- but like I said before, it's only day one! We know for sure that we're going to be doing a film opening for our foundation portfolio project; for us, this was a pretty much a no brainer. 
                At first, we weren't sure which project was going to be best for the both of us. We have worked on other projects in class before and were fairly familiar with each other and just decided to work together on this project too. One thing we knew for sure was that we were interested in making a film opening, but both had little experience working with cameras and editing. We accepted the challenge just because it seemed like a god send compared to the magazine two page spread (we even. literally compared the two!! see diagram). Neither Grant, nor myself, know the first thing about magazines; we figured the two-page spread would be a lot more work than the film opening. 
               So, with out much convincing, we chose to take on the task of creating an original film opening. The one thing I am most excited and looking forward to in this process is discovering more about my ability in directing, filming, time management and handling responsibility. You'll probably see as this blog goes on, and you get to know my personality more, that I am very stubborn and head strong when I have a specific vision in my head. I can see myself taking charge of the project's creative direction. It should be interesting to see how this plays out once we select our genre and topic! 
              

🎥🎥🎥

Keep checking my blog daily to view more posts!!

xoxo,
     
        Kyleigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 19: Final Postings

Hey Blog!               I am happy to say that I have finally ENTIRELY completed the film opening. It's been one wild ride! ...