Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Day 14: Solid Plan




Hey Blog!

   This is my fourth week working on the blogs and I feel have made a lot of progress since when I first started blogging. Everything is truly coming together nicely. Although it has been a slow going process, we have been able to stay well enough on track to the point where we are in line with our class. We have worked out the kinks of our story line, finished finalizing the plot, and finally have a definitive plan of when we are going to actually begin filming. We still have the issue with casting hanging over our heads; we have three characters that still need to be casted! I asked again tonight among my friends to see if anybody knew of actors we could use, and the response was underwhelming.
     Since we are planning to begin filming this weekend, we need to have the others parts casted no later than this Friday. I have faith in our ability to find someone but it hasn't been easy, trust me.
Coming all this way, and entering into fourth quarter is putting into perspective for me how close the deadline is and it's approaching fast. Of course I am excited and expect to do well on the project overall, I'm just nervous.
       I can't wait to begin filming and actually get to do some hands on work with directing. I was looking through youtube to see if I could find any inspiration for the first part of our opening. I have envisioned a montage of pretty images that act as foreshadowing for the rest of the film. I found a great examples from music videos. We learned in class that there are different methods of music videos and one of which is storytelling. I plan to utilize elements of storytelling music videos in the beginning part of our scene. I want to blend music, with the images, and narration. A really great example I found was in the movie UP (2009). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2bk_9T482g . The flashback scene is almost exactly what I am envisioning just not animated and much shorter. I am Beyond excited to execute this aspect because I think if done right, it will be amazing.

until next time,
                   Kyleigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 19: Final Postings

Hey Blog!               I am happy to say that I have finally ENTIRELY completed the film opening. It's been one wild ride! ...