Thursday, March 22, 2018

Day 11: Into Writing





Hey Blog!


   Today I was busied with the task of writing our script for our film opening. I was really excited for this aspect of our project because I am really into creative writing and it's something I used to do a lot when I was younger. When writing the script I was imagining everything as how I picture it to turn out; that's a great thing to be visual but it may cause issues in the future. The reason why I believe visualizing may cause issues is because sometimes high and specific expectations lead to disappointment or things not coming out exactly how you want them to. I am staying optimistic though!
     My experience in theater helped me a lot in creating the script because I am familiar with staging and direction and understanding the flow of a script and developing a story. I wanted to create a character that audiences could fall in love with from eh very start. If audiences connect with the characters, it will make the film much more impactful. One thing though that I did struggle with, though, was setting up the plot so that it would be clear what the movie would have continued to be about after our two minute film opening starts. The best way to do this, I realized, was to explicitly state the conflict and that would propel the rest of the story's plot forward. Below I'm going to attach my first rough draft of the script so far.

until next time,
                  Kyleigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 19: Final Postings

Hey Blog!               I am happy to say that I have finally ENTIRELY completed the film opening. It's been one wild ride! ...