Saturday, March 24, 2018

Day 12: Casting




Hey Blog!


    As you know, we recently wrote our rough draft for our script. This was a great step forward for us! The next thing on our plate is dealing with casting. Our film opening generally needs four actors for four characters: Mom, Dad, Michael, and young Michael. I asked around a group of my friends if anyone would be interested in helping me out with the project and I got some great responses from people who were interested. We decided to pick my friend Diego who has been in drama with me for years now. He is an amazing actor and was actually my first choice when we started casting.
   
   A problem we are running into is the casting of the boy and the parents. Finding a child who can act seems to be bigger of an issue than we initially predicted, as well as finding adults to play Michael's parents. Theoretically, we could use any set of adults; however, we wanted to stay realistic and find parents that look like they could actually be the parents of Diego (Michael). We are faced with the same predicament when searching for a child to play young Michael because we want him to resemble old Michael. We are still searching for our other three actors. I we end up not being able to find the right cast members, of course we will have to settle. I will send an update in a later blog of what we end up having to do with the casting. Below I'm going to attach a photo of Diego to show the model of what we are trying to cast around.

(left Diego)


Until next time,
                     Kyleigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 19: Final Postings

Hey Blog!               I am happy to say that I have finally ENTIRELY completed the film opening. It's been one wild ride! ...